Portable generators come in handy for outdoor activities like tailgating, camping in your RV. You can power your appliances, electronic devices, entertainment rigs, power tools, and so on. These generators also work as an excellent power backup for your home when you face a power outage. If you’re after a versatile machine, getting the best 30 amp generator will be the smartest decision to go with.
Since there are many 30 amp generators available, it can be tough to pick a suitable model. Our expert team has researched the best options in the market and opted for the top generators for you. Check the article thoroughly and get to know the best generators that produce 30 amps with high efficiency.
What Can You Run on a 30 Amp Generator?
A 30-amp generator will give you enough power to run your appliance and other electronic devices. You can use the generator for lighting, fridge, and other appliances. However, if you want to run appliances like washing machines, water heaters, and dryers, you should buy 200-amps generators.
The type of 30-amp generator you choose depends on your requirements. For instance, if you need the best 30-amp generator for outdoor use, consider one with a compact design. If you want a generator that provides steady power backup at home, then get a larger model.
Table of Content:
If you are in a hurry and need instant access to the different sections of the content, click the titles below.
- What Can You Run on a 30 Amp Generator?
- 6 Best 30 Amp Generator Reviews 2021
- 1. Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
- 2. WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator
- 3. Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
- 4. Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator
- 5. Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator
- 6. DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
- What is the Difference Between 50 Amp and 30 Amp Generators?
- Final Verdict
We have also given you a quick comparison chart to help you understand our 30-amp generators’ features at a glance.
Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator
Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator
Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
6 Best 30 Amp Generator Reviews 2021
30 amp generators are capable of running a wide range of applications. Choosing a suitable portable generator can be tough when there are many options to consider. Check these 6 best 30 amp generators recommended by our expert team that you can buy today:
1. Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
Looking for a compact and lightweight generator for home and outdoor use? The Westinghouse WGen3600v will be a great choice for emergency power backup. This is the best 30 amp portable generator that provides great versatility. You will love its reliable power to run your electrical devices and appliances. It features a hardened steel frame that makes it highly durable at any situation.
Generators produce noise during operation, and a very few can keep it less than 70 dB. This one operates at 68 dBA, which makes it one of the most silent portable generators available. Additionally, you will enjoy a long run time. It features a 15L gasoline fuel tank that provides a run time for up to 18 hours. Therefore, you’ll get enough power to run during the day and at night.
Furthermore, this generator requires low maintenance with a built-in fuel gauge. Besides giving you a live update of fuel level, it also has an automatic low shutoff for a safer operation. This generator also works well for campers and RVs. You can power your devices without an adapter. No more living without power, even when camping outdoors or going off-grid with an RV.
Westinghouse WGen3600v Features:
- This generator comes with a built-in fuel gauge to let you know the fuel level in real time.
- It’s a dual fuel generator that uses both propane or gasoline fuel depending on which you can manage.
- This generator runs for up to 18 hours with a single refill of either propane or gasoline.
- It offers a quiet operation making only 68 dBA of noise which is way less than regular.
- You’re getting a hardened steel frame, and durable rubber outlet covers for longer use.
2. WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator
Keep your appliance running when there is a power outage with the Wen portable generator. Wen is a reliable brand providing great products since 1951. It gives you enough power that you need at the campground. Unlike other portable generators, this one is durable to suit any job site. Additionally, it features a compact design to offer easy transportation.
Starting the engine is easy. It has an electric start mechanism to help you start the engine relieabley. This engine provides 3750 watts rated power and 4750 watts peak power. This helps you run your sump pump, tv, refrigerator, and lights. You’ll get a 4-gallon tank with it and get up to 10 hours of runtime from a full tank of gas.
You have probably heard of cases where generators damage electronic devices. It features an automatic voltage regulator to provide clean power without damaging your appliances and devices. Additionally, it features a low oil shutdown combined with overload protection to protect the generator.
WEN 56475 Features:
- This generator features dual handles and a wheel kit to make transportation easier.
- It has an automatic voltage regulator to provide reliable power and protect your devices.
- It features a 4-gallon fuel tank that provides continuous operation for up to 10 hours.
- You’ll get a durable construction so you can use it for almost any job without problems.
- There is also a digital readout for easy oil changes and maintenance schedules.
3. Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
When it comes to the best 30 amp generator, this model has innovative, quiet technology, making it 50% quieter than others. Additionally, this 30 amp quiet generator is 20% lighter than traditional generators. So, if you need a lightweight, portable generator for outdoor use, this one will suit your needs.
The generator provides a multi-purpose application. You can use it to get reliable power for home, work, or outdoor. It gives clean power hence suitable for sensitive electronics. The generator is also parallel, ready to boost the power output by extending. You can connect two (2800 watts or more) inverters with the parallel kit to increase the power.
You’re getting this generator fully assembled to make your work easier. You only need to add oil and gas, and it is ready to use. It gives you a long run time of up to 17 hours, which is sufficient to power your regular devices. This generator also comes with a built-in USB adapter to help you charge devices directly from the outlet.
Champion 4000 Features:
- This generator comes with open-frame design which is 50% quieter than other models and 20% lighter.
- It features fuel economy mode to save fuel as well as extending the backup run time.
- The generator provides clean power, which is suitable for sensitive electronic devices.
- It allows a parallel connection, which helps you extend the power with another generator with it.
- The generator comes with a battery, USB adapter, charging cables, and oil funnel.
4. Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator
Make your outdoor experiences the best with this 30 amp inverter generator. It gives you reliable power to run your appliances anytime. The generator features a patented technology to provide 50% more starting capacity. Therefore, you can achieve much when doing less.
It features two USB outlets where you can charge your appliances and electronic devices. The power is clean enough to avoid damaging your devices. You can also connect two generators if you need more power.
This generator is suitable for outdoor use. It is lightweight hence easy to transport. Additionally, the generator has a built-in handle to ease transportation.
Generac 7129 Features:
- The generator uses PowerRush technology to provide a 50% extra starting capacity.
- It features a quiet inverter power to minimize sound emissions and boost performance.
- The generator has a lightweight design and a built-in handle allows you to carry it comfortably.
- You will get two USB outlets to charge your devices, and the generator is parallel ready.
- This generator provides clean power suitable to run sensitive electronics without damages.
5. Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator
If you need a high-end generator with great features, consider the Briggs model. This is the best 30 amp RV generator if you’re after DIY projects, RV camping, and tailgating. It utilizes an efficient quiet power technology to adjust the engine speed for noise-free operation. You can save more fuel and achieve a longer run from a single refueling using inverter technology.
It produces only 58 decibels at 20% load which makes it quieter than other traditional generators. Transporting this generator to various places is easy. Its telescoping handle and durable wheels make it easy to move to your campsite. The generator is also easy to use.
You’ll get an LCD display onboard that indicates the power uses, maintenance reminders, and total unit hours. Furthermore, it features a parallel capability to connect two generators for increased power. It does this without compromising the household outlet and helps you run bigger appliances..
Briggs & StrattonFeatures:
- This generator has an inverter engine with quiet power technology to offer minimal noise while working.
- It has a convenient LCD screen that displays essential statistics to make your work easier.
- You will get a 10-hour run time when the generator is at 25% load capacity.
- It features a telescopic handle and solid wheels to make transportation to different places easy.
- 5-gallon fuel tank gives 10 hours continuous operation at only 25% load.
6. DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
Power your home essentials with this power backup generator. This versatile portable generator provides enough power. Besides home use, you can also use the generator in your campsite and other outdoor places. It has a nice design that makes transportation easier with handles and wheels.
You also have the choice to choose between propane and gasoline fuels with this dual fuel generator. Starting the generator is pretty easy. It features a keyed electric start, but you will also find a recoil start. With its 50-amp motor, this generator is suitable to handle even the most demanding jobs. It features 12000 starting watts power and 9500 watts running power from every 120 V receptacle.
This generator is designed to last for many years. Its heavy-duty all-metal frame and the noise-reducing muffler provide smooth, durable, and silent operation. Apart from the generator, you will also get other essential items in the box. Those will make it easy to set up such as wheel kit, DC cables, toolset, oil funnel, spark plug wrench, and a product manual.
DuroMax XP12000EH Features:
- This generator uses dual-fuel running capability, so you can use it with both gasoline and propane.
- It has ample power for heavy loads like an air conditioner, refrigerator, and other power tools.
- You can choose to use it with both 120 volts or 240 volts while you’re running it.
- There is a handle kit with this generator and the solid fill tires make it easy to transport.
- It features low oil indicators, circuit breakers, voltmeter, and idle control, among others.
What is the Difference Between 50 Amp and 30 Amp Generators?
The key difference between these two is the type of output capability they come with. 30 amp generators have a maximum output of 3600 at 120 volts. A 50-amp generator outlet can offer 12000 watts in a similar voltage. Additionally, 30- amp RV plugs have three prongs and it is mainly suitable for lower loads. On the other hand, 50-amp RV plugs have four prongs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a look at the answers to the frequent questions if you have any, regarding a 30 AMP Generator.
How many watts is a 30 Amp generator
A 30-amp generator meets the standard 120 V DC that provides 3600 watts. This is ample power to keep your electronic devices and appliances running.
What size generator do I need for a 30-amp RV?
A 3000-watt generator will be great for a 30 amp RV. For those who are using amps, you need to multiply it by 120V to find the ideal wattage required.
Are 30 amp generators suitable for commercial use?
Yes. You can use some 30 amp generators for commercial outlets. They are perfect for DIY projects, sites, outdoor events, and providing emergency power.
Having a generator for power backup or outdoor use is great. These machines provide reliable and clean power to run sensitive devices. The above are the best 30 amp generator we recommend. Depending on how you’re planning on using the generator, you will find the suitable model from them.
We recommend the Champion 4000-Watt generator from an expert perspective. It’s a quieter and lighter generator compared to other models and provides reliable performance. This generator provides a longer runtime on gasoline of up to 17 hours. It’s a parallel compatible generator that you can extend with 2 other generators.