Portable generators come in handy for outdoor activities like tailgating, camping in your RV. You can power your appliances, electronic devices, entertainment, among others. These generators also work as an excellent power backup for your home. The best 30 amp generator also works well for construction tools and boats.
Since there are many 30 amp generators available, it can be tough to pick a suitable model. We have spent many hours of research on giving you options of top generators to suit various needs. Check their detailed review and comparison to help you choose a quality generator to supply the power you need.
What Can You Run on a 30 Amp Generator?
A 30-amp generator will give you the right power to run your appliance and other electronic devices. You can use the generator for lighting, fridge, and other appliances. However, if you want to run appliances like washing machines, water heaters, and dryers, you should buy 200-amps generators.
The type of 30-amp generator you choose depends on your requirements. For instance, if you need the best 30-amp generator for outdoor use, consider one with a compact design. If you want a generator that provides steady power backup at home, then get a larger model.
Table of Content:
If you are in a hurry and need to instantly access various parts of the content, click the titles below.
- What Can You Run on a 30 Amp Generator?
- 6 Best 30 Amp Generator Reviews 2020
- 1. Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
- 2. WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator
- 3. Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
- 4. Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator
- 5. Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator
- 6. DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
- What is the Difference Between 50 Amp and 30 Amp Generators?
- Final Verdict
We have also given you a quick comparison chart to help you understand our 30-amp generators’ features at a glance.
Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator
Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator
Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
6 Best 30 Amp Generator Reviews 2020
30 amp generators offer a wide range of applications. Choosing a suitable portable generator can be tough when there are many options to compare. Read our top 6 recommended best 30 amp generators you can buy today.
1. Westinghouse WGen3600v Portable Generator
Looking for a compact and lightweight generator for home and outdoor use? The Westinghouse WGen3600v will be a great choice for emergency power backup. This is the best 30 amp portable generator that provides great versatility. You will also enjoy reliable power to run your electrical devices and appliances. The generator features a hardened steel frame to offer outstanding durability.
Generators produce noise during operation, and some are noisier than others. This one operates at 68 dBA, which makes it one of the silent portable generators available. Additionally, you will enjoy a long run time. It features a 15L gasoline fuel tank that provides a run time for up to 18 hours. Therefore, you get enough power to run during the day and at night.
This low maintenance generator has an engine with a built-in fuel gauge and automatic low shutoff to offer optimal performance. This generator also works well for campers and RVs. You can power your devices without an adapter. No boring moments because you can enjoy your entertainment, even when outdoors.
Westinghouse WGen3600v Features:
- A great portable generator that provides reliable power for household and outdoor activities.
- Dual fuel generator that uses propane or gasoline fuel based on your liking.
- This generator provides up to 18 hours of run time and offers quiet operation.
- The generator features a low maintenance engine that provides reliable performance.
- It has a hardened steel frame, and durable rubber outlet covers for longer use.
2. WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator
Keep your appliance running when there is a power outage with the Wen portable generator. Wen is a reliable brand providing great products since 1951. It gives you enough power that you need at the campground. Unlike other portable generators, this one is durable to suit any job site. Additionally, it features a compact design to offer easy transportation.
Starting the engine is easy. It is equipped with an electric start hence no trouble starting the engine. This engine provides 3750 watts rated power and 4750 watts peak power. This helps you run your sump pump, tv, refrigerator, and lights. The generator has a 4-gallon tank that you need to fill with gas to provide up to 10 hours of runtime.
You have probably heard of cases where generators damage electronic devices. It features an automatic voltage regulator to provide clean power without damaging your appliances and devices. Additionally, it features a low oil shutdown combined with overload protection to protect the generator.
WEN 56475 Features:
- The generator features dual handles and a wheel kit to make transportation easier.
- It has an automatic voltage regulator to provide reliable power and protect your devices.
- It features a 4-gallon fuel tank that provides continuous operation for up to 10 hours.
- It features durable construction so you can use it for almost any job without problems.
- You will find a digital readout for easy oil changes and maintenance schedules.
3. Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology
When it comes to the best 30 amp generator, this model has innovative, quiet technology, making it a 50% quieter than other generators. Additionally, this 30 amp quiet generator is 20% lighter than traditional generators. So, if you need a lightweight, portable generator for outdoor use, this one will suit your needs.
The generator provides a multi-purpose application. You can use it to get reliable power for home, work, or outdoor. It gives clean power hence suitable for sensitive electronics. The generator is also parallel, ready to allow you to boost power output. You can connect two (2800 watts or more) inverters with the parallel kit to increase the power.
This generator comes fully assembled to make your work easier. You only need to add oil and gas, and it is ready to use. It gives you a long run time of up to 17 hours, which is sufficient to power your devices at night and during the day. The generator also comes with a 3-year limited warranty; hence your purchase is secure.
Champion 4000 Features:
- The open-frame design makes the generator 50% quieter than other models and 20% lighter.
- Features fuel economy mode to save fuel as well as boot the life of the engine.
- The generator provides clean power, which is suitable for sensitive electronic devices.
- It allows a parallel connection, which helps you increase the power to suit your requirements.
- The package comes with a battery, USB adapter, charging cables, and oil funnel.
4. Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator
Make your outdoor experiences the best with this 30 amp inverter generator. It gives you reliable power to run your appliances anytime. The generator features a patented technology to provide 50% more starting capacity. Therefore, you can achieve much when doing less.
It features two USB outlets where you can charge your appliances and electronic devices. The power is clean enough to avoid damaging your devices. You can also connect two generators if you need more power.
This generator is suitable for outdoor use. It is lightweight hence easy to transport. Additionally, the generator has a built-in handle to ease transportation.
Generac 7129 Features:
- The generator uses PowerRush technology to provide a 50% extra starting capacity.
- It features a quiet inverter power to minimize sound emissions and boost performance.
- The generator has a lightweight design and a built-in handle allows you to carry it comfortably.
- You will get two USB outlets to charge your devices, and the generator is parallel ready.
- This generator provides clean power suitable to run sensitive electronics without damages.
5. Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator
If you need a high-end generator with great features, consider the Briggs model. This is the best 30 amp RV generator perfect for DIY projects, RV camping, and tailgating. The generator utilizes an efficient quiet power technology. It adjusts the engine speed for noise-free operation. Therefore, you can save more fuel and achieve a longer run. The machine produces 58 decibels at only a 20% load. This makes it quieter than other traditional generators.
Transporting this generator to various places is easy. Its telescoping handle and durable wheels make it easy to move to your campsite. The generator is also easy to use. It features LCD displays that indicate the power uses, maintenance reminders, and total unit hours.
It features a parallel capability. You can connect two generators for increased power. It does this without compromising the household outlet.
Briggs & Stratton Features:
- Great inverter generator with quiet power technology to offer minimal noise when working.
- The generator has a convenient LCD screen that displays essential statistics to make your work easier.
- You will get a 10-hour run time when the generator is at 25% load capacity.
- It features a telescopic handle and solid wheels to make transportation to different places easy.
- 1.5-gallon fuel tank gives 10 hours continuous operation at only 25% load.
6. DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
Power your home essentials with this power backup generator. This versatile portable generator provides enough power. Besides home use, you can also use the generator in your campsite and other outdoor places. It has a nice design that makes transportation easy. You also have the choice to choose between propane and gasoline fuels with this dual fuel generator.
Starting the generator is pretty easy. It features a keyed electric start, but you will also find a recoil start. With its 50-amp motor, this generator is suitable to handle even the most demanding jobs. It features 12000 starting watts power and 9500 watts running power from every 120 V receptacle.
This generator is designed to last for many years. Its heavy-duty all-metal frame and the noise-reducing muffler provide smooth, durable, and silent operation. Apart from the generator, you will also get other essential items in the box like wheel kit, DC cables, toolset, oil funnel, spark plug wrench, and a product manual.
DuroMax XP12000EH Features:
- The generator uses dual-fuel technology, so you can either use gasoline or propane.
- It has ample power for heavy loads like an air conditioner, refrigerator, and other power tools.
- You can choose to use it at 120 volts and 240 volts at the same time.
- Handle kit and solid fill tires make it easy to transport this dual fuel generator.
- It features low oil indicators, circuit breakers, voltmeter, and idle control, among others.
What is the Difference Between 50 Amp and 30 Amp Generators?
Basically, the main difference between the two is the type of outlet. 30 amp generators have a maximum output of 3600 at 120 volts. A 50-amp generator outlet can offer 12000 watts in a similar voltage. Additionally, 30- amp RV plugs have three prongs and it is mainly suitable for lower loads. On the other hand, 50-amp RV plugs have four prongs.
Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions will help you to get all types of answers regarding a 30 AMP Generator. Read on to find answers.
How many watts is a 30 Amp generator
A 30-amp generator meets the standard 120 V DC that provides 3600 watts. This is ample power to keep your electronic devices and appliances running.
What size generator do I need for a 30-amp RV?
A 3000-watt generator will be great for a 30 amp RV. For those who are using amps, you need to multiply it by 120V to find the ideal wattage required.
Are 30 amp generators suitable for commercial use?
Yes. You can use some 30 amp generators for commercial outlets. They are perfect for DIY projects, sites, outdoor events, and providing emergency power.
Having a generator for power backup or outdoor use is great. These machines provide reliable and clean power to run sensitive devices. The above are the best 30 amp generator we recommend. Depending on how you intend to use the generator, I’m hoping you will find it easy to pick a suitable model to meet your needs.
We recommend the Champion 4000-Watt generator. This is a quieter and lighter generator compared to other models and provides reliable performance. This generator provides a runtime of up to 17 hours on gasoline, so you can run your appliance and electrical devices for many hours. The generator is also parallel compatible and saves more fuel.