Are you looking for a power backup supply for a long time? If yes, a 50 amp generator will be a good option for you. You can use them up to 8 hours a day without any problem. If you have heavy appliances in your home, a 50 amp portable generator is just what you need. Thus, your home appliances can operate continuously during the outage.
In the present market, buying the right 50 amp generator is a difficult task. Because we are not aware of the factors. Here, we have made a guide to know the factors before buying a 50 amp generator and listed the best 50 amp generator that will fulfill your demands. Table of Content:
Here is the table of content for finding out the topics quickly.
- Top 5 Best 50 AMP Generator Reviews
- What to Consider Before Buying A 50 Amp Generator?
A 30 amp generator provides 3600 watts power and 50 amp generator provides 12000 watts. Also, they differ in the RV design. A 30 amp RV plug has a neutral wire and a ground wire with a 120 volts wire. On the other side, a 50 amp RV plug has a neutral wire and a ground wire with 2 120 volt wire that provides two separate voltage.
If you want to figure out all of the products before reading the details, you can go with the comparison chart here:
Top 5 Best 50 AMP Generator Reviews
We have analyzed the features of the 50 amp generator in terms of fuel type, power, safety, noise and portability. Now, we have boiled down our research to the 5 best 50 amp generators on the present market.
1. Generac 5734 GP15000E 15000 Portable Generator
Generac 5734 GP15000E comes with overhead valve industrial (OHVI) engine which provides high-performance service to construction sites, heavy duties, campsites. With the 992cc powerful engine, the generator produces 15000 watts, which is ideal for home, outdoor, job site and the place where power needed emergency. It has a compact size frame with lift hook and all-terrain wheels that helps to carry anywhere.
The generator has 22500 watts starting power and 15000 watts running power, which is enough for small home power backup. It can deliver 120/240 volts with 4 strokes air-cooled engine when fueled with gasoline. You can start the Generac portable gas generator with a battery-powered electric starter that can run the engine within a few seconds. It has a large fuel tank that can hold 16 gallons of gasoline provide continuous power about 10 hours at 1/2 load. Its THD level is below 20% that is not perfect for sensitive devices.
The portable generator has 8 AC outlets and 1 DC outlet to charge up many devices at a time. It has a low-tone muffler that runs the engine noise-free, so you can place it anywhere. Also, the generator ensures safety and protection to electronic devices from short circuits, power overloads and unexpected events.
Generac 5734 Features:
- Its 15000W running power and 22500W starting power provides full power backup for a small home.
- With a compact size frame, lift hook and terrain wheels, it can be moved anywhere easily.
- The fuel tank can hold 16-gallon gasoline that runs around 10 hours at 50% load.
- The generator shuts down when the oil level becomes low and ensure overload protection.
- It has 8 AC and 1 DC outlets that help to connect several devices at the same time.
2. DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator
DuroMax XP12000EH comes with dual fuel (Gasoline and Propane) technology that provides effectiveness in use. Its 457cc overhead valve engine powered by 18HP Duromax MX2 technology that produces 9500 watts running power and 12000 watts starting power that is perfect for small home backup, outdoor fairs and events. Also, you can power up heavy-duty appliances such as fridges, air conditioner and 50 Amp power tools.
When you use propane fuel, it produces 8075 watts running power and 10200 watts starting power, which is low efficient than gasoline. But, the interesting fact is, it creates 72 dB noise, which is lower than the music background sound. You can start the generator with a simple electric starter and recoil starter. Its THD level is below 12%, so that it is not suitable for sensitive electronics.
This best dual fuel portable generator can hold 8.3 gallons gasoline or 20 lbs propane that can run it respectively for 9 hours and 4 hours at 1/2 load, which is enough for the outage and blackouts area. It has 5 AC outlets and 1 DC outlet to power up many devices in a row. It has a transfer switch that can supply power immediately during outage or load shedding.
DuroMax XP12000EH Features:
- Its 457cc engine produces 8075 to 1200 watt using propane or gasoline fuel that is perfect for events, parties, fairs and more.
- The fuel tank can hold 20 lbs propane or 8.3 gallons gas that can produce power for 4 or 9 hours with 50% load.
- It has a transfer switch that helps to supply electricity immediately during the outage.
- Its light indicator and fuel gauge show the fuel level to ensure device safety.
- It has 5 AC and 1 DC outlets to power up many devices at a time.
3. Rainier R12000DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Rainier R12000DF Portable Generator comes with a 457cc overhead valve 4 stroke engine that produces 12000 watts starting power, 9500 watts running power with gasoline and 10800 watts starting watts, 8550 running watts that is perfect for providing power backup in outdoor festivals, sports programs and a small house. It provides 120/240 volts output in the dual fuel system that cannot affect daily use.
You can put 6.6 gallons of gasoline or 20 lbs propane in the fuel tank, which can produce power up to 17 hours or 11 hours with 1/4 percent load that is enough for job sites, festivals, parties and more programs last up to half day. The generator is soundless and it creates 72 dB, which is lower than a lawnmower. You can start the engine with a recoil starter and simple electric starter that improve the comfort. Its THD level is very high, about less than 23%, which is risky for power-sensitive devices.
This dual fuel portable gas propane generator has 5 AC outlets to charge up many devices but has NO DC outlets. It has a VFT screen that helps to check the voltage, frequency level and timer. With a transfer switch, it provides emergency power supply during load shedding. You can take it away anywhere, even in stormy environments.
Rainier R12000DF Features:
- It can produce 8550 watts running to 12000 watts starting power that is good for supplying full power backup in small houses, parties and job sites.
- The VFT screen shows the voltage level, frequency level and how long it runs.
- The tank can hold 6.6 gallons of gasoline or 20 lbs propane, which runs for 17 or 11 hours with 25% load.
- It automatically shut down when fuel level becomes low and overload happens.
- The fuel gauge indicates the level of fuel so that you can calculate the power consumption.
4. WEN DF1100T Dual Fuel Portable Generator
WEN DF1100T comes with a 457cc air-cooled OHV engine that produces 9500 watts starting power, 7500 watts running power with propane and 11000 watts starting power, 8300 watts running power that is sufficient to provide backup in small houses and professional jobs. You can start dual fuel portable generator with electric start by pulling the handle beside the electric starter. Also, it has 9.5 inches wheel and handles kit that can help to take it away anywhere.
It has an amazing control panel by which you can- connect many devices with 6 AC outlets and a DC outlet, change fuel type, see electric starter switch. Its fuel tank has a capacity of 6.6 gallons gasoline fuel or 20 lbs propane, which provides 8.5 hours or 3 hours runtime with 1/2 load. Also, it makes 72 dB noise, which is less than a dishwasher.
The generator has a multi-meter display that indicates the hours that helps to schedule maintenance routine. It provides power at 12 Volts with DC socket and 120 volts to 240 volts with AC socket connection that helps to run a water pump, fridge and other heavy appliances.
WEN DF1100T Dual Features:
- Its 457cc OHV engine produces 7500 watts running power and 11000 watts starting power in 3600 RPM that is sufficient for small house power backup.
- The multi-meter display shows the lifetime hours that helps to set maintenance time.
- With 6.6 gallons of gasoline and 20 lbs propane, it runs up to 8.5 hours and 3 hours, which is perfect for outage areas.
- For safety, it protects your devices from power overload, short circuits and many unexpected accidents.
- It has a control panel that has all outlets, ES switch, fuel transfer switch and circuit breakers to protect the engine from damage.
5. A-iPower SUA12000E Gasoline Powered Generator
A-iPower SUA12000E Generator comes with a 459cc engine that produces 12000 watts starting power and 9000 watts running watts using gasoline fuel, which is suitable for running 4 to 5 power tools. The gasoline generator for home has a 14000mAh maintenance-free battery that supplies emergency power if fuel is finished. Its 9.5 inches wheel makes it easy to move in a rough area and does heavy-duty tasks without effort. You can start with the one-touch electric start button and pull start mechanism.
It makes 78 dB noise when started and it is less than a shower sound. The steel designed fuel tank can hold 7 gallons of gasoline that can run the engine up to 9 hours with a 50 percent load, which is perfect for the outage area. It has a light indicator and fuel gauge that indicates the level of fuel to ensure engine safety.
The generator has 6 AC outlets and a DC outlet that helps to supply power on multiple devices at a time. All outlets are GFCI certified, which protects the devices from the damp condition. With the transfer switch, it provides instant power during outage and blackouts. It has DC plugs that provide charge to cell phones, laptop and lights. The cords are protected with cover that provides neat current flow and avoids leakage.
A-iPower SUA12000E Features:
- Its 459cc 4 stroke engine produces 12000W starting power and 9000W running power that is perfect for running 5 power tools.
- It has GFCI protected 6 AC outlets and a DC outlet to charge up many devices at a time.
- The steel designed fuel tank can hold 7 gallons that run the engine for 9 hours with 50% load.
- It has a control panel with a digital meter that shows the runtime hours and equipped with all outlets.
- It protects the devices from power overload, short circuits, overheating and unexpected accidents.
What to Consider Before Buying A 50 Amp Generator?
In the present market, you can find out lots of 50 Amp generator. Before buying a 50 Amp generator, you should consider the following factors that will ease your task and save time.
The choice relating to the power of your generator depends on the use we intend to make of it. Low power would put the engine under damage and too high power would lead us to heavy consumption. 50 amp generators on the market designed for domestic and outside use usually come in a range between 7000 to 13000 watts, which is considered precisely the best for this type of use.
Dual type fuel generators are widely used around the world. You can find out Gasoline and propane anywhere. If you are looking for a whole house generator, you will be looking at gas. When gas is going over, you can switch propane to run the generator. So, choose a dual fuel system that will save time.
You have to take a look at the noise of the generator. In order to get an idea about the noise of 50 amp generator, you obviously need to measure the decibel level. It is not possible to measure the noise level without a decibel calculation machine. So, you should check the manual and patent of the generator to see the dB amount. The quieter ones are around 60 to 78 dB.
Fuel tank and efficiency:
Everyone wants a generator that has a large fuel tank and saves fuel. A large tank of fuel can go for a long time. Most of the 50 amp generator can hold 5 to 8 gallons gas that runs 7 to 15 hours with 25 to 50 percent loads. Some generators have an adjustable key to control engine speed that will save your fuel by reducing RPM speed. Remember that, large fuel tank engine will be heavy.
Most of the generator comes with a dual starting system: Electric start and pull start mechanism. The electric start system is working through the battery. If the battery damaged, the electric start would not work. Then, it would be best if you use a pull starter with a recoil cord. So, choose the dual starting generator and charge battery every 2/3 months.
50 Amp generators are heavier about more than 130 pounds, which is difficult to carry with hands. You may want a generator that has wheels and a handle. In some cases, wheels have to be bought. You can install wheels and add a handle within a few minutes. Note: You will have the best output from your generator when you choose the right one for you, Follow this article to know, how to choose a generator.
Why Should You Buy A 50 Amp Generator?
For several reasons, you should buy the best 50 Amp generator to get power back up during outage and blackouts. The reasons are:
- A 50 Amp generator produces 12000+ watts that will supply power backup in the whole house, fairs, events and wherever power is needed emergency for more than 6 hours. Also, it allows you to recharge the batteries when you do not have access to electricity or the power supply is exhausted.
- In case of outage or blackouts, it is good to have an emergency power supply, especially if the power outages last longer than a few hours. Having a 50 Amp generator can help to keep food in the refrigerator from failing and power up a radio to listen to updates on the power outage.
- All 50 Amp generators have low noise levels and run silently. It allows for a quiet environment during work, especially if you need energy in a public place where there are many people.
Having a 50 Amp generator can be extremely useful in many situations. Choose any one from the list reviewed above that will suitable for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here in this section, we put the answer to your most asking question.
How many watts is a 50 amp generator?
Can you run a 50 amp RV on 30 amp generator?
Can I plug my 50 amp RV into my house?
Can 10 gauge wire handle 50 amps?
Is it possible to plug a 30 amp RV into a 50 amp plug safely?
Having a 50 amp generator has many advantages. The generators are most commonly used in heavy usage, camping, parties, events and home as emergency energy during outage and blackouts. I would like to recommend DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator, which comes with DuroMax MX2 technology that provides maximum power. The best 50 amp generator has dual-fuel technology that provides 9500 running watts to 12500 starting watts plenty of power that is perfect for small home, parties, professional works and more. Also, you can use heavy appliances such as air conditioners, fridges, microwaves and power tools simultaneously.