Gasless generators come with a long-lasting power lithium battery that is a safe backup source to provide power up a laptop, phone, and household appliances. The great benefit of the generator is that they are noiseless and gas-free. It means that a portable gasless generator doesn’t need fuel to run, which is safe for the environment and cost-efficient.
If you are looking for a gasless power generator, our best gasless generator reviews will help you to find the best one that will meet your demand. Let’s have a look below.
Table of Content:
Here is the table of content for you to have quick access:
- Top 5 Best Gasless Generator Reviews 2020
- What To Consider Before Buying A Gasless Generator?
How Does A Gasless Generator Work?
A gasless generator is known as a battery generator. It works with a powerful rechargeable Lithium battery. In the battery, the ions move from a negative electrode (called the anode) to a positive one (called the cathode), generating an electric current that can supply anything connected to the battery. When the batteries recharge in current, the ion flow is restored (the ions from the cathode go to the anode), and the cycle can resume. The battery takes power in 3 ways: Wall outlets, solar panel, and car charger port. It takes 6 to 10 hours to charge fully and provides energy for 9 to 15 hours.
If you want to see all of the products that we have analyzed, you can check that from the comparison chart below:
Top 5 Best Gasless Generator Reviews 2020
Finding a gasless generator is a challenging task. After doing in-depth research and test, we have reviewed 5 best gasless generators that will meet your demands.
1. ROCKPALS 300W Portable Generator
Rockpals 300W Lithium Portable Generator comes with a 75000 mAh battery that ensures continuous power during outage and blackouts. It is easy to carry anywhere for its 7.3 pounds weight. Also, it has two LED lights that can reach up to 50 to 55 feet away. With its 280Wh power, you can be charged up a smartphone for 25 times, a laptop for 4-5 times, a mini-fridge for 3-5 hours, and more appliances for a long time.
It has a large LDC screen that shows the battery life, voltage levels, and output signals. Below the LCD screen, you will see two USB 3.0 quick charge ports, two USB 1A/2.1A ports, four DC port, and a 12V port, which helps to connect many devices. Also, it has a 120V AC port, which is perfect for your home appliances such as TV, monitor, router, fan, etc.
The power station can be charged in 3 ways: wall outlet, car charger, and solar panel. If you use a 110V wall outlet and car charger, it will load faster and takes 6 hours approximately. The 100W solar panel takes 8-10 hours to charge fully, and it depends on the sunlight. The generator produces a pure sine wave that provides clean power without making noise and vibration.
ROCKPALS 300W Features:
- It comes with a 75000 mAh large lithium battery that produces 280Wh power that is sufficient for home, camping, CPAP machines, and more.
- Its large LCD screen shows the voltage levels, output signals, and battery life.
- It can be charged with wall outlets, car chargers, and 100W solar panels.
- It has 10 different outlets that provide power up small to heavy appliances.
- It has 2 LED flashlights that reach up to 5- to 55 feet away.
2. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
Jackery Portable Power Station comes with 67000 mAh lithium battery that can produce 240 watts power that is perfect for devices more than 200 watts like hairdryer, microwave, heater, and more. Its weight is around 6.6 lbs that help to use it indoor and outdoor. It provides pure sine wave power that ensures safety for sensitive electronic devices.
You can charge a phone 20 times, laptop 4 times, Go Pro action camera 40 times, 32 inches TV for 3.5 hours, and mini-fridge for 6 hours with the 67000mAh powerful generator. It has a 110 volts AC socket that can charge batteries, laptops, tablets, and drones. Also, it has 2 USB 2.4A ports that provide continuous power backup in outdoor camping, travel, and field works.
With the LCD screen, you can notice the life of the battery and voltage levels. The power station can be charged with a wall outlet, car charger, and a solar panel. With a 100W solar panel, it takes 8-10 hours to charge fully. Also, the solar generator takes 7 hours to recharge with wall sockets or car charging ports. The generator has BMS that offers protection from power overload, over-voltage, short circuits, and many unexpected accidents.
Jackery Portable Features:
- It has a 67000 mAh powerful lithium battery that is sufficient for power up 200 watts devices.
- It has 4 outlets that help to connect many devices at a time.
- The generator can be charged with a 100W solar panel, house outlets, and a 12V car charger.
- It has a BMS system that offers protection from short circuits, over-voltage, and more.
- It has an LCD that shows the battery percentage, input, and output voltage level.
3. PAXCESS Portable Power Station 280W
PAXCESS Portable Power Station comes with a 67500 mAh high-density lithium battery and 280 watts power capacity that is enough for charging a laptop 4 times and CPAP therapy machine for 3 nights. Its weight is 5.9 pounds, and you can carry it anywhere where emergency power is needed. Also, it is perfect for camping, travel, long trips, and power outage areas.
The power station has one AC socket for charging batteries, three DC outlets, and two USB 3.1 quick charging outlets that perfect for all devices such as drone, fan, mini-fridge, phones, tablets, and CPAP machines. It has no noise and vibration, so that you can place it in the crowd area. Also, it is harmless for environments because it doesn’t need gas or diesel that produces toxic gases.
It can be recharged in 3 ways, like other gas-free generators. With 60 to 100 watts solar panel, it takes 8 to 10 hours depending on sunlight. The solar generator for camping can be charged with house outlets and 12V car DC charger, which takes 6-7 hours to complete. The best part of the power station is 6 multi safety protections.
PAXCESS Portable Features:
- Its 67500 mAh high-density lithium battery can recharge a laptop 4 times and run a 32 inches TV for 2 hours.
- It can recharge with 60 to 100 watts solar panel, wall sockets, and a 12V car charger.
- Its weight is 5.9 pounds, and easy to carry while traveling or camping outside.
- It offers protection from high temperature, overload, over current, short circuits, low and overvoltage problems.
- It has 6 outlets that help to power up many devices like phone, laptop, drone, and home appliances.
4. PROGENY 280W Generator Portable Power Station
PROGENY 280W Generator Portable Power Station comes with 67500 mAh long-lasting lithium battery and 280 watts power capacity that is sufficient for recharging a laptop 4 times and run 32 inches TV for 1-2 hours. Its weight is 5.7 pounds, so you can easily carry it in RV’s, travel, and the outage areas. With a DC to DC adapter, you can use CPAP therapy for 3 nights.
Like the previous one, it can recharge with 60 to 100 watts solar panel that takes 8-10 hours to charge fully. You can use solar generators for camping, job sites, and more. Also, it can be charged with a wall outlet and 12C car charger, which takes 5 to 6 hours to complete charge. It has no noise and vibration, so that you can put it inside your house.
It has a 110 volts AC outlet, three 12V DC outlets, and 2 USB 3.1A ports to power up multiple devices such as drone, light, fan, smartphone, power bank, and so on. You can power-sensitive devices with the pure sine wave inverter that provides clean and stable energy. Also, the power station ensures safety and protection from unexpected damage like short circuits, over-voltage, etc.
PROGENY 280W Features:
- Its 67500 mAh long-lasting lithium battery and 280 watts power capacity provides power a laptop for 4 times, CPAP for 3 nights, and runs a TV for 2 hours.
- Its weight is 5.7 pounds and easy to carry in campsites, job sites, travel, and short trips.
- It has various types of outlets that provide continuous power on multiple devices.
- It is easy to recharge with a 60-100W solar panel, house outlet, and 12V DC car charger.
- It offers protection from overload, low voltage, short circuits, and many unexpected damages.
5. NusGear Generator Portable Power Station
Generator Portable Power Station comes with 42000 mAh large lithium battery that can recharge a phone 20 times, a laptop 3-4 times, runs a CPAP machine for 4hours, Led lights for 40 hours, and many household appliances. The NusGear featured portable charge station has a 155Wh power capacity that can power up a fan, air pump, mini-fridge, drone, monitor, etc.
The generator weighs only 3.52 pounds, which is easy to carry for outdoor camping and tours. It has a bright LED flashlight that can reach up to 30 feet away. Also, it has 2 USB 2.1A standard port, a USB Type-C port, a USB 3.0 quick-charging port, a 12V DC outlet, and a 100-240V AC outlet that helps to power up many devices. The LED display shows the voltage level, outlet signal, and the condition of the power supply.
The power station can be charged in multiple ways. The 35-40 watts solar panel takes 11-13 hours to charge up the generator. Also, you can use a wall outlet or car charger while driving. Both will take 8-9 hours to charge the full battery. It has BMS that offers safety from over-voltage, low voltage, overheating, and short circuits.
NusGear Generator Features:
- Its 42000 mAh battery and 155 Wh power capacity recharge a laptop 4 times, phone 20 times, and run CPAC machine for 4 hours and more devices.
- Its LED flashlight is bright and can reach up to 30 feet away.
- It can be charged with a 35-40W solar panel, house outlet, and 12V DC car charger.
- It has an LED screen that indicates the condition of power supply, voltage levels, and output signals.
- Its BMS protection system ensures safety from short circuits, over and low voltages.
What To Consider Before Buying A Gasless Generator?
In the market, you can find various types of gasless generators. Before buying a gasless generator, you have to consider some factors that will help to buy the best one.
Generally, a gasless generator is noise-free. Some produce low noise level, which is minimal. A noise-free generator can be placed in a crowded area and inside of your house. So, it is the first fact that you should consider before buying a gas-free generator.
The generators come with a built-in battery—the power of the battery measured in mAh. The power level determines how many devices you can run at a time. Make a list of appliances that you need emergency. It would help if you chose a minimum 45000 mAh lithium battery-powered generator for primary usage. For heavy use, choose a higher one.
Weight is a common factor of a generator. A lightweight generator can be moved from one place to another. All have a handle to make the journey more comfortable. So, the weight should be 3 pounds to 8 pounds that is easy to handle in camping, travel, and outdoor parties.
The generator can be recharged with 30 to 100 watts solar panel, and it takes 8 to 12 hours to charge fully. Also, there are another two other methods to charge the generator battery: with 110V AC wall outlet and 12V DC car charger that take 5 to 8 hours to charge fully. Keep in mind that your generator has these 3 charging methods.
Note: In this article, you know the features and benefits of a gasless generator. But if you don’t know how to choose a generator, all your work will be effortless. Follow this article to learn more about it.
Why Should You Buy A Gasless Generator?
You should buy the best gasless generator for its excellent performance and features that will provide continuous power supply during a power outage. Here I present a few main reasons why you should buy a perfect gasless generator for power backup.
- A gasless generator comes with a lithium battery, which is 3 times longer than lead-acid batteries. Also, they can be recharged quickly and ensure the durability of the generator.
- A conventional generator needs to top up the fuel tank with gasoline or diesel or propane that spend money and time. In that case, a gasless generator will save you from the problem and protect the environment from toxic gasses. You can charge the generator with a solar panel or wall outlet.
- The gasless generators are lightweight and noiseless. So, you can use the generator indoors and outdoors wherever power is needed.
For these advantages, you need the best gasless generator. So, choose one from the reviewed above that has these features.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve presented the FAQ section to answer many of the common questions; hope that will be very helpful for you.
How long does a battery generator last?
When should I replace my generator battery?
Can a generator battery be recharged?
Why would a generator battery explode?
How do you test a generator battery?
Gasless portable generators are eco-friendly, lightweight, noise-free, and handy. They cannot provide the power that a gas or diesel generators offer, but they are perfect for phones, laptops, drones, cameras, and other small appliances.
In terms of power, price, and portability, I would like to recommend ROCKPALS 300W Portable Generator that has a 75000 mAh large and long-lasting lithium battery. The best gasless generator is easy to carry in camping, travel van, and outdoor parties. It has a super bright flashlight that helps in dark areas. Also, it has 10 outlets and an LCD screen, which allows to power up multiple devices and control the generator easily.