A portable battery generator is a handy solution for emergency situations where you cannot reach fuel like gas or propane. It’s a convenient energy source to power up your devices like a PC, fan, laptops, and other personal devices. You can even use small vacuum cleaners, a mini-fridge, or a pump for inflating a boat or mattress during blackouts.
However, with too many technical aspects to consider, getting the best portable battery generator is a daunting job. No worries, our technical team has a solution for you after in-depth researches on the best options in the current market. Stick to the article to get the best compact and portable generator that money can buy today.
Table of Content:
If you don’t have enough time, you can take a look at the following table of content to grasp every topic we covered in the article:
- Top 5 Best Portable Battery Generator Reviews 2020
- What To Consider Before Buy A Portable Battery Generator?
How Long Does A Battery Powered Generator Last?
Generally, a battery-powered generator lasts for a lifetime if it is taken care of properly. However, the battery inside a generator has a certain lifespan. Almost all battery-powered generators use lithium batteries. The average battery life of a lithium-ion battery in a generator is around 4 years. So, replace the battery every 3 or 4 years after to prolong its service.
Note: Battery generators are relatively smaller; if you want to know about powerful fuel generators, check the 50 amp generator reviews.
To know all about our selected portable battery generators at a glance, have a look at the comparison chart to know their respective characteristics:
Top 5 Best Portable Battery Generator Reviews 2020
There are various types of portable battery generators in the market. Here, we have reviewed some of the best portable battery generators after doing researches and tests. Let’s dive right in!
1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500
Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station comes with a 518Wh battery with a rated power of 500W and peak power of 1000W. The battery produces 110V AC voltage to power up a variety of devices. It has an LCD screen which indicates the input, output levels, and battery percentages. Besides, it turns off when the power level goes under 10W for an added security. You can use an off-grid solar panel to charge it without electricity. Jackery SolarSaga 100W is the recommended solar panel, which takes 14 hours to charge the power supply generator fully.
It’s perfect for outdoor use. You can take it on travel, excursions, trips, and more to explore. Besides, you can use it for car travel, camping, lighting, and hunting when needed. It can also be useful in those areas where no electric cable is connected. The power station allows making your party more enjoyable by powering speakers, pellet smokers, and more.
You can charge essential items like mobiles, laptops, portable fans, etc with it. But, it cannot support devices rated over 500 watts such as drill machine, electric kettle, microwave, air conditioner, etc. The generator takes 8 hours to fully charge from AC outlets. It has a pure sine wave inverter that provides power to sensitive devices without damages. Also, its BMS system protects electronic devices from over-voltage, overheat, and overload issues.
Jackery Portable Features:
- This generator has a 518Wh battery with a peak power of 1000 watt and rated power 500 watts with 110V voltage.
- You need needs 8 hours to fully charge it from AC outlets and 14 hours from a 100W solar panel.
- There is a BMS System which protects your device from overload, over-voltage, and overheats.
- The LCD shows the input and output power levels and the life of the battery.
- It is light so that you can carry it anywhere such as camping, travel, excursion and more.
2. Rockpals 300w Portable Generator Lithium Portable Power Station
ROCKPALS 300W Portable Generator comes with a squared box design, which is ideal for taking away for outdoor tasks. It has a 75000mAh lithium battery of 75A at 3.7 volts. You can recharge a mobile about 25 times with it, a drone 10 times, a laptop 5 times, run a light for 70 hours, and a mini-fridge for 4-5 hours. The 300 watts pure sine wave power could peak at 600 watts. You can recharge the portable power generator in 3 ways: wall outlet, car socket, or a solar panel.
This power station needs 6-7 hours to full charge from a car charger and wall outlet. Also, it can be charged with 60 watts or 100 watts solar panels, which are sold separately. It is perfect for carrying on RV, emergencies, construction sites, etc. Also, it has a large display where you can see all the data from input, output, and operation voltages. With its small footprint of only 6.5 x 3.1 x 6.9 inches, 7.5 lbs with a handle, it’s easy to take anywhere.
In the output options, the power station comes with an AC socket, 5 DC outlets, 2 USB 2.1A, and 2 USB 3.0 quick charge ports. You can connect multiple devices simultaneously with it. It has two ways to power the CPAP therapy machine: 110V AC socket and 12/24V DC socket. With the DC socket, the CPAP machine works at least 72 hours.
ROCKPALS 300W Features:
- There is a large display that shows all information and various types of data that make it easier to control.
- Its weight is 7.5 lbs, and compact size is easy to carry in RV’s project, campsites, outdoors, and more.
- You’ll get multiple AC/DC and USB ports, which is suitable for sensitive devices like phones, laptops, cameras, etc.
- It has a 280Wh solar power station and 75000 mAh lithium battery, which provides continuous power to your home appliances.
- The power station produces a peak power of 600 watts and rated power of 300 watts.
3. Progeny 280w Generator Portable Power Station
PROGENY 280W Generator Portable Power Station comes with a digital inverter technology that supplies current in any condition. It produces 280Wh power with 27 pack 18650 lithium batteries that runs a CPAP therapy machine for 3-4 hours. You can charge a laptop 4 times with it, run a 32″ TV, small appliances below 300W for 2 hours. Besides, you can place it in RV’s project, campsites, short travels, and emergency blackouts.
The generator has built-in 110 volts AC outlets, three 12V/5A DC outlets, and two USB 3.1A ports. They can provide continuous power backup on emergency cases, charging phones, tablets, and more. Its weight is 5.7 lbs, which is easy to carry anywhere. Furthermore, it doesn’t make noise, vibration so that it will be harmless for nature and your health.
On top of that, this battery generator is easy to recharge. It takes 8-10 hours to charge with a 60W or 100W solar panel fully. If you want to charge it faster, connect the generator with a wall outlet or car charger. It will take 5-6 hours to charge that way. This portable power station ensures safety from short circuit, overload, over-voltage and overheating problems with its BMS support system.
PROGENY 280W Features:
- The generator comes with 27 2600mAh lithium batteries, which provides multiple time charging facilities to your daily used device.
- Its weight is light, about 57 pounds, which is easy to carry on RV’s project, campsites, fields, and more.
- You can charge the portable battery with a solar panel, wall outlets, or a car charger.
- It has safety measures to protect electronic devices from short circuits, overload, overheating, and many problems.
- You’re getting a 110-volts AC outlet, three 12V/5A DC outlets, and two USB 3.1A ports.
4. Suaoki Portable Power Station Camping Generator
SUAOKI Portable Power Station is the most compact and lightweight battery generator in the present market. You can compare it with 2 coffee mugs size. The weight is only 2.9 lbs and has 2 collapsible handles, making it comfortable to carry anywhere. It is a versatile battery generator suitable for multipurpose uses. It is also appreciated for the intelligent management of energy consumption and its convenient shape.
It has a 13500 mAh lithium battery with 150 Wh power, making it one of the best portable battery generator. You can recharge it with 3 different methods. It takes 7-8 hours to be charged fully with 110V wall outlets and 11 hours with a 12V car charger. Also, it can be recharged with a solar panel, and the charging duration depends on sun heat. It has 10 different outlets that help to connect many devices at a time.
You can run a Lantern light for 20 hours, 12V LED light for 3.5 hours, and a Mini fridge for 3 hours with it. For charging, it can charge a drone 5 times, GoPro 18 times, phones 10 times. It has 5 super bright LED lights that show the life of the battery alongside reaching up to 50 feet. The generator has BMS safety that protects electronic devices from unexpected occurrences.
SUAOKI Portable Features:
- Its weight is 2.9 pounds, which makes it easy to carry anywhere, such as camping, party, hiking, campsites, etc.
- You can charge it with solar panels, wall outlets, and car charging adapters.
- It has a 13500 mAh lithium battery that can be used to charge many devices at a time.
- There are 5 LED lights onboard that reach up to 50 feet and indicates the battery percentages.
- It has a UL certification and a BMS safety system that ensures protection against short circuits, overload, etc.
5. Webetop 155Wh 42000mAh Portable Generator
Webetop 155Wh Portable Generator has a 42000mAh large lithium-ion battery that provides continuous power for home, travel, and electronic devices. You can charge it in 3 ways. The 50-watt solar panel takes 8-9 hours, wall outlets, and 12V car charger takes 7-8 hours to charge it fully. Its lasting period (for battery) is more than 500 lifecycles.
This power station is reliable and easy to operate. It doesn’t have noises, heats, and ensures a stable power supply. Plus, it has an LED flashlight that can reach up to 40 to 45 feet away. The generator has 7 different outlets including 110V AC sockets, three 12V DC sockets, three 5V USB ports. You can easily charge or use multiple devices simultaneously with it.
Its AC outlets allow you to use devices for 3-4 hours whereas the DC converter can get you longer backup. You can use the ARM fridge 9-10 hours with a 12V DC socket. Also, you can use a 50W standing fan 3-4 hours with the generator. The generator protects your device from short circuits, over current, overpower, low voltage, overheat, and many unexpected problems.
Webetop 155Wh Features:
- It comes with a 42000mAh lithium battery that produces 100 watts AC power per hour that is perfect for home and outdoor usage.
- There are AC, DC, and USB outlets in it to use multiple devices such as phones, laptops, lights, fridges, fans, etc.
- You can recharge it with solar panels, wall outlets, and a car charger.
- Its bright LED light performs more than 125 hours and reaches up to 40 to 45 feet.
- The weight is only 3.48 pounds, and easy to carry in a backpack or take away anywhere.
What To Consider Before Buy A Portable Battery Generator?
All battery generators in the present market are not perfect. You have to consider some factors when buying a portable battery generator. Here are the most essential factors that will help you to buy the best battery powered generator.
Regardless of whether the intent is for a professional or for home use, the first thing to consider is power. Determine how much power you need based on the number of appliances you want to operate.
The power aka the watts serves the purpose of powering appliances like TVs, computers, electric heaters, fans, etc. Then you can focus attention on devices that have power between 100 watts to 500 watts. The generators will be able to power household appliances or work tools with energy higher than the standard one.
Autonomy indicates how many hours you can use the device. Portable rechargeable generators will have a long autonomy. In order to avoid mistakes, my advice is to buy a generator suitable for the work you will have to do. If the appliance is too small compared to the chargable devices, there is a risk of exerting excessive strain. So, pay close attention to this parameter.
Depending on the model chosen, the weight varies. Usually, the weight of a small and compact generator ranges between 10 and 12 lbs. If the purpose is to use it for professional use, it can also reach 40-45 lbs. Choose the one that fits your daily movement, usage, and purposes.
The final factor to consider is the charging mode. In other words, how you want to recharge the generator and what you have for it. There are portable solar power generators that can be charged via a solar panel. Some models only powered by the wall outlet and car charger adapter.
Note: You have to follow some other factors to buy the best generator. You can read how to choose a generator to get more information.
Why Should You Buy A Portable Battery Generator?
Nowadays, portable rechargeable generators are safe to use both inside and outside your home. Here is why you need a portable rechargeable generator. Let’s have a look:
- First of all, battery generators do not have moving parts or many cables and do not use liquid fuel. The result is practically non-existent maintenance and considerable security against possible fires or accidents that can occur when using conventional generators.
- It provides 100% clean energy because there’re no fumes and no CO2 pollutant emissions. The generators are incredibly vibration-free and quieter than normal ones. Also, it is easy to carry anywhere. If you need to do projects, take it in your caravan or backpack.
- Battery generators can be charged up with solar panels, which is free energy. A solar panel lasts for 25 to 30 years, and it will save money. You can be charged up the battery with a car charger while driving in a car.
These are the main reasons why you should buy the perfect battery-powered generator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Oftentimes, people ask about portable battery generators and we understand the concern. Here are some of the frequent question along with their answers:
Can a generator charge a battery?
How long does a portable generator battery last?
How to charge portable generator battery?
How often should I charge my generator battery?
How many volts is a generator battery?
Getting a battery generator for home, personal use, or camping is very useful. It’s both convenient and economical for usage like for camping, boats, houses, gardens, and wherever there is no electricity available. I assume that choosing the best portable battery generator was easy after reading the article.
If you still need a suggestion for the best overall generator, get the SUAOKI Portable Power Station. It comes with a power of 150Wh and has UL certification with BMS systems that protect your devices while working. It is ideal for powering the most sensitive devices and sophisticated tools with its 10 outlet ports.