A portable battery generator is a handy tool that is used, especially in an emergency. With it, you can take advantage of an energy source to power your devices in the event of a power outage. It is convenient for those who need to power PC, fan, mini-fridge, small vacuum cleaner or pump for inflating a boat or mattress during blackouts.
Nowadays, there are many models on the market and choosing the one that suits you is very difficult. But, in this guide, I want to help you buy the best portable battery generator that meets not only your expectations but also your wallet.
Table of Content:
If you have not enough time, you can take a look over the following table of content to look at everything discussed here.
- Top 5 Best Portable Battery Generator Reviews
- What To Consider Before Buy A Portable Battery Generator?
How Long Does A Battery Powered Generator Last?
Generally, a battery powered generator lasts for a lifetime if it is taken care of properly. But, the battery inside a generator has a certain lifespan. Almost all battery powered generators use lithium batteries. The average battery life of a generator is around 4 years. So, replace the battery every 3 or 4 years after to prolong its service.
Note: If you want to know more about portable battery generator, you may check 50 amp generator reviews to get more knowledge.
To know all about our selected portable battery generators at a glance, you may have a look at the comparison chart to know their respective characteristics.
Top 5 Best Portable Battery Generator Reviews
There are various types of portable battery generators in the market. Here, we have reviewed some of the best portable battery generator after doing research and test. Let’s dive into it.
Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station comes with a 518Wh battery, which produces rated power 500W and peak power 1000W with 110V AC voltage. It has a unique LCD screen, which indicates the input, output levels and battery percentages. Also, it turned off when the power saving level goes under 10W. You can use an off-grid solar panel to charge it without electricity. Jackery SolarSaga 100W is the recommended solar panel, which takes 14 hours to charge the power supply generator fully.
It is perfect for outdoor use. You can take it on travel, excursions, trips and more to explore. Also, you can use it for car travel, camping, lighting and hunting when need. It can be useful in those areas where no electric cable tangled. The power station allows making your party more enjoyable by powering speakers, pellet smoker and more.
You can charge basic items like mobiles, laptops, portable fans, etc. But, it cannot support devices rated over 500 watt such as drill machine, electric kettle, microwave, air conditioner, etc. It takes 8 hours to full charge from AC outlets. It has pure size wave inverter that provides power to sensitive devices without damages. Also, its BMS system protects electronic devices from over-voltage, overheat and overload issues.
Jackery Portable Features:
- It has a 518Wh battery, which provides peak power 1000 watt and rated power 500 watt with 110V voltage.
- It needs 8 hours to get a full charge from AC outlets and 14 hours from a solar panel.
- It has a BMS System which protects your device from overload, over-voltage and overheats.
- The LCD shows the input and output power levels and the life of the battery.
- It is light so you can carry it anywhere such as camping, travel, excursion and more.
ROCKPALS 300W Portable Generator comes with a squared box design, which is ideal for taking away for outdoor tasks. It has a 75000mAh lithium battery of 75A at 3.7 volts that can recharge a mobile about 25 times, a laptop 5 times, a light 70 hours, a drone about 10 times and a mini-fridge for 4-5 hours. The 300 watts pure sine wave power could peak at 600 watts. You can recharge the portable power generator in 3 ways.
The power station needs 6-7 hours to full charge from a car charger and wall outlet. Also, it can be charged with 60 watts or 100 watts solar panels, which sold separately. It is perfect for carrying on RV, emergency, construction sites, etc. Also, it has a large display where you can see various types of data. Its dimension is 6.5 x 3.1 x 6.9 inches and 7.5 lbs weight, which makes it easy to take anywhere.
In the charging options, the power station comes with AC socket, 5 DC outlets, 2 USB 2.1A and 2 USB 3.0 quick charge ports. You can connect multiple devices at a time. It has two ways to power the CPAP therapy machine: 110V AC socket and 12/24V DC socket. With the DC socket, the CPAP machine works at least 72 hours.
ROCKPALS 300W Features:
- It has a large display that shows all information and various types of data that make it easier to control.
- Its weight is 7.5 lbs and compact size is easy to carry in RV’s project, campsites, outdoors and more.
- It has multiple DC and USB ports, which is suitable for sensitive devices like phones, laptops, cameras etc.
- It has 280Wh solar power station and 75000 mAh lithium battery, which provides continuous power to your home appliances.
- The power station produces a peak power of 600 watts and rated power 300 watts.
PROGENY 280W Generator Portable Power Station comes with a digital inverter technology that ensures the correct supply of current in any condition. It can produce 280Wh power with its 27 pack 18650 lithium battery that can run CPAP therapy machine for 3-4 hours through DC connection. With the power station, you can charge laptop 4 times, run a 32 inches TV, fridges, below 300W small appliances for 2 hours. You can place ii in RV’s project, campsites, short travels and emergency blackouts.
The generator has built-in 110 volts AC outlets, three 12V/5A DC outlets and two USB 3.1A ports that provide continuous power backup on emergency cases, charging phones, tablets and more. Its weight is 57 lbs, which is easy to carry anywhere. Also, it doesn’t make noise, vibration so that it will be harmless for nature and your health.
The battery generator is easy to recharge. It takes 8-10 hours to charge with a 60W or 100W solar panel fully. If you want to charge it faster, connect the generator with a wall outlet or car charger. It will take 5-6 hours to charge fully. The portable power station ensures safety from short circuit, overload, over-voltage and overheating problems with its BMS support system.
PROGENY 280W Features:
- It comes with a 27 pack 18650 lithium battery, which provides multiple time charging facilities to your daily used device.
- Its weight is light, about 57 pounds, which is easy to carry on RV’s project, campsites, fields and more.
- You can charge the portable battery with solar panels, wall outlets and car charger.
- It has safety measures to protect electronic devices from short circuits, overload, overheating and many problems.
- It has different outlets to provide power multiple devices at a time.
SUAOKI Portable Power Station is the most compact and lightweight battery generator in the present market. It is compared with 2 coffee mugs size. Its weight is 2.9 lbs and has 2 handles that can hideable, makes it comfortable to carry anywhere. It is a versatile battery generator that is suitable for multiple uses. It is also appreciated for the intelligent management of consumption and its convenient shape.
This best portable battery generator has a 13500 mAh lithium battery, which produces 150 Wh power. You can recharge the battery generator with 3 methods. It takes 7-8 hours to be charged fully with 110V wall outlets and 11 hours with a 12V car charger. Also, it can be recharged by a solar panel and the charging duration depends on sun heat. It has 10 different outlets that help to connect many devices at a time.
With the power station, you can be charged up Lantern light for 20 hours, 12V LED light for 3.5 hours, DJI drone for 5 times, GoPro action camera for 18 times, Mini fridge for 3 hours, phones for 10 times and laptops for 1 hour. It has 5 super bright LED lights that show the life of battery and light reaches up to 50 feet. The generator has BMS safety that protects electronic devices from unexpected occurrences.
SUAOKI Portable Features:
- Its weight is 2.9 pounds, which is easy to carry anywhere, such as camping, party, hiking, campsites, etc.
- It can be charged with solar panels, wall outlets and car charging adapters.
- It has a 13500 mAh lithium battery that can be used to charge many devices at a time.
- It has 5 LED lights that reach up to 50 feet and indicates the battery percentages.
- It has a UL certification and a BMS safety system that ensures protection against short circuits, overload, etc.
Webetop 155Wh 42000mAh Portable Generator comes with 42000mAh large power lithium-ion battery that provides continuous power for home, travel and all electronic devices. You can charge it in 3 ways. The 50 watts solar panel takes 8-9 hours, wall outlets and 12V car charger takes 7-8 hours to be charged up fully. Its lasting period is more than 500 times.
The power station is reliable and easy to operate. It doesn’t create noises, heats and ensures a stable power supply. Also, it has an LED flashlight that can be used as SOS and reaches up to 40 to 45 feet away. The generator has 7 different outlets, including 110V AC sockets, three 12V DC sockets, three 5V USB ports that help to charge multiple devices at a time.
With Ac outlet, you can use any device 3-4 hours. But, you can use power longer with DC converter. You can use ARM fridge 9-10 hours with a 12V DC socket. Also, you can use a 50W standing fan 3-4 hours with the generator. The generator protects your device from short circuits, over current, overpower, low voltage, overheat and many unexpected problems.
Webetop 155Wh Features:
- It comes with a 42000mAh lithium battery that produces 100 watts AC power per hour that is perfect for home and outdoor usage.
- It has AC, DC and USB outlets that help to use multiple devices such as phones, laptops, lights, fridges, fans, etc.
- It can be recharged with solar panels, wall outlets and car charger.
- Its bright LED light performs more than 125 hours and reaches up to 40 to 45 feet.
- Its weight is 3.48 pounds and easy to carry in a backpack or take away anywhere.
What To Consider Before Buy A Portable Battery Generator?
All battery generators in the present market are not perfect. So, you have to consider some factors when buying a portable battery generator. In this section, we have highlighted these important factors that will help you to buy the best battery powered generator.
The first aspect that you absolutely must consider is power, regardless of whether the intent is to buy a professional generator or for home use. Based on the number of appliances you want to operate, you will need to determine how much power you will need to understand which type of device is right for you.
The power is expressed in Watts. If the purpose is to power the most common household appliances such as, for example, TVs, computers, electric heaters, fans, etc. Then you can focus attention on devices that have power between 100 watts to 500 watts. The generators will be able to power household appliances or work tools with power higher than the standard one.
Autonomy indicates how many hours you can use the device. Portable rechargeable generators will have a long autonomy. In order not to make mistakes, my advice is to buy a generator suitable for the work you will have to do. If the appliance is too small compared to the devices to be charged, there is a risk that the motor will exert excessive strain causing damage to it. So, pay close attention to this parameter.
Depending on the model chosen, the weight varies. Usually, the weight of a small and compact generator ranges between 10 and 12 lbs. If the purpose is to use it for professional use, it can also reach 40-45 lbs.
A final factor to consider is the charging mode. In other words, how you want to load the generator in turn. There are portable solar power generators that can be charged via a solar panel or other models powered by the wall outlet and car charger adapter.
Note: You have to follow some other factors to buy the best generator. You can read how to choose a generator to get more information.
Why Should You Buy A Portable Battery Generator?
Nowadays, portable rechargeable generators are safe to use both inside and outside your home. We explain here why you need a portable rechargeable generator. Let’s have a look.
- First of all, battery generators do not have moving parts or many cables and do not use liquid fuel. The result is practically non-existent maintenance and considerable security against possible fires or accidents that can occur when using conventional generators.
- It provides 100% clean energy: no fumes and no CO2 pollutant emissions. The generators are incredibly vibration-free and quieter than normal ones. Also, it is easy to carry anywhere. If you need to do projects, take it in your caravan or backpack.
- Battery generators can be charged up with solar panels, which is free energy. A solar panel lasts for 25 to 30 years and it will save money. You can be charged up the battery with a car charger while driving in a car.
These are the main reasons why you should buy the perfect battery-powered generator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a generator charge a battery?
Yes. A generator can charge a battery by converting mechanical energy into electrical energy.
How long does a portable generator battery last?
A portable generator battery lasts for 36 to 48 months if it is taken care of properly.
How to charge portable generator battery?
A portable generator battery can be charged in 3 ways: with solar panel, with wall outlets and with car charger.
How often should I charge my generator battery?
If you are a regular user, charge your generator when the battery level is below 20%. If you are a topical user, you should charge the battery once every 1 month and run it for 5-10 minutes.
How many volts is a generator battery?
A generator battery has 11 to 12.5 volts when running.
The battery generator for home and camping is very useful for camping, boats, country houses, gardens and wherever there is no electricity available. In my opinion, the best portable battery generator is the SUAOKI Portable Power Station which comes with a power of 150Wh, suitable for home and outdoor use.
It is equipped with UL certification and BMS systems that protect the electronic devices while working. Also, the 2.9-pound portable power station is ideal for powering the most sensitive devices such as computers and other sophisticated devices, equipped with 10 outlet ports.