Camping is a great way to enjoy the fresh air outdoors with your friends and loved ones. Now, what if you are tech-savvy, use a lot of devices, or want to enjoy Netflix at night while camping? Or you want the power to make coffee to jumpstart your day? This is where a power inverter for camping can play a big role.
An inverter converts DC power into AC power to power your regular electronic devices. When you’ll get the best power inverter for camping, it has to be portable, easy to use and work silently. With plenty of options available, it can be confusing to choose the right one. This is why we have reviewed the top five recommended power inverters that will suit any camping enthusiast.
What Size Power Inverter do I need for Camping?
Power inverter for camping come in different sizes. How do you determine the right size to buy? Well, the size of the power inverter you choose depends on the watts or amps of the items you want to run. It is great to get a power inverter with over 20% of your ideal load.
It would help if you also determined the start load and the continuous load of your appliances. The start load is the initial amount of power that your appliances need to start. The constant load is the power the device uses to operate, which is usually less.
Depending on your needs, you can pick power inverters from 150-6000 watts. Always choose an inverter double the load you will be placing it. This is essential to enable the inverter to work in its capacity and eliminate the fuse blowing chances when there is a power surge.
Table of Content:
Here is quick navigation of the sections we have covered in our power inverter for camping. Click each section to access them fast.
- 5 Best Power Inverter For Camping Reviews 2020
- How Do You Use a Power Inverter While Camping?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Check this comparison chart at a glance to get a rough idea about our top power inverts for camping
5 Best Power Inverter For Camping Reviews 2020
Choosing a power inverter for camping can be overwhelming, especially for a beginner. It would help if you considered a few things like power, safety, budget, wattage, efficiency among others. Go through these reviews; we’ve compiled the Best Power Inverter for Camping if you’re planning for one:
1. AIMS Power 5000 Watt Modified Sine Power Inverter
Make camping enjoyable with this amazing power inverter. This 5000 watts inverter provides up to 41 AC amps hence making it suitable for motor, compressors, and power tools. It features an efficient AC direct connect terminal ideal for applications that need 5000 watts.
This inverter has a voltmeter at the front to help you check the battery voltage. Additionally, there is an amp meter on the front panel to help you monitor the current consumption. You can use this inverter at home, camping, vehicle, RV, or when you are on the go.
Using aims power inverter 5000 watts is not complicated. You only need to plug it in power since it has pre-installed outlets and a direct connect terminal. Unlike other inverters, this best power station for camping offers quiet performance and no fumes. This makes it a perfect choice for many homeowners. The inverter is also safe because it has monitoring lights, overload, over-temperature, and low and high voltage protection.
AIMS Power 5000 Features:
- It offers a continuous 5000 watts sine power to run refrigerators, pumps, and other appliances.
- The inverter offers a quiet operation than generators hence suitable for many homeowners.
- It has many safety features, so you don’t have to worry about your devices getting damaged.
- This is a great inverter for home, camping, vehicle, or for the people who want reliable power on the go.
- It features a voltmeter to monitor voltage and an amp meter to monitor current use.
2. EDECOA 3000W Power Inverter
Looking for the best 3000-watt power inverter for travel, camping, household, or entertainment? The EDECOA inverter has got you covered. You can use this inverter if you visit places with no electricity. You only need to connect the inverter with batteries to run your appliances.
This power inverter modified sine wave provides a continuous output power of 3000 watts and a peak power output of 6000 watts. The package includes several essential items like the inverter, remote switch, battery cables, and a user manual. It features an aluminum alloy housing for effective heat dissipation.
The inverter is safe to use since it has automatic voltage regulation, smart power management, and temperature control. Additionally, it features low and over-voltage protection and short-circuits protection. You will also love the dual cooling fans that operate automatically when the temperature is above 45 degrees.
EDECOA 3000W Features:
- They are designed with an aluminum alloy housing that offers superb heat dissipation.
- It features a convenient cover that protects users when the devices are operating.
- The built-in temperature sensor allows fans to work automatically when the temperature is above 45 degrees.
- A safe power inverter since it has a lot of safety features to protect your devices and appliances.
- 3000-watt power makes it ideal for camping, boat trip, tents, and other places without electricity.
3. Kinverch 2000W Continuous/ 4000W Peak Power Inverter
This is a powerful inverter that provides a continuous watt of 2000 and 4000-watt peak. The power inverter for the camper can also be used for road trips, vacations, and other places without electricity. The Kinverch is the best portable power inverter that protects your appliances. It features 8 internal fuses for advanced protection. Moreover, there are two efficient cooling fans for low and overvoltages, short circuit, overheat, temperature, and load.
You will also love the user-friendly design of this inverter. The smart cooling fans operate when the temperature exceeds 104 degrees in the heatsink. This gives a silent operation and also ensures the unit is operating safely at a lower temperature.
This is a versatile inverter you can use for a wide range of applications. It features three AC outlets and 2A USB charging ports. Therefore, you can use it for car vacuum, fridge, food light, game player, camera, and AC power. You can also use the app to monitor malfunction display, output power, and real-time voltage, among others.
Kinverch 2000W Features:
- It has 8 internal fuse and two cooling fans that provide advanced protection.
- The inverter features a user-friendly design, which makes it easy to use.
- Features three AC outlets and one 2A USB charging port for cameras, tv game players, among others.
- Offers ample power hence perfect for camping, road trips, vacations, or when on the go.
- It gives a silent operation, so you don’t have to worry about disturbing noise when using it.
4. BESTEK 2000W Power Inverter
Make your outdoor experiences great with the bestek 2000w power inverter. The inverter offers a wide range of applications to power all your electrical devices. You can use it for any outdoor occasion that demands power. The inverter features a high-speed cooling fan that dissipates heat to ensure effective operation.
It features three standard US AC outlets (110V), and it can power various electrical devices at once with a maximum power output of 2000W. Using this inverter is safe because it has a multi-protection system. These include full isolation voltage protection, over the current, short circuit, and over-temperature protection. Therefore, your devices are not prone to electrical damages.
If you are buying a power inverter for outdoor use, you need to think about its durability and withstand harsh environments. This best car power converter comes with solid construction to guarantee your durable service. It can handle any environment and keep the internal components in good condition.
BESTEK 2000W Features:
- Safe to use since it has 6 built-in external 50A to protect all your devices.
- Features aluminum housing hence making it durable for harsh environments.
- It provides up to 2000 watts power output to power your household appliances.
- Easy to hook the inverter on your car battery with the included four clamps.
- It has a red light that indicates under protection and green light that shows it is operating normally.
5. NDDI 1500W Car Power Inverter
This is another amazing 1500 watt power inverter for car that is safe and convenient to use. This inverter is designed with a durable ABGS material that is fire resistant. It features four replaceable fuses to help make fuse replacements easy. Additionally, it features a safe charging technology to protect your devices from overheating, overload, and short circuits.
This inverter provides a wide range of use, so you can be sure to charge your devices when you are on the go. So, if you have a digital camera, laptop, hairdryer, or going camping, office, or a long journey, you have no worries about power.
It has a perfect size, which makes it to carry. The portable power inverter for camping is also lightweight, so you will not have problems transporting it. Additionally, it is equipped with a convenient cooling fan that keeps the noise minimal to offer silent operation and extend the machine’s life.
NDDI 1500W Features:
- A multi-purpose inverter that helps you charge your devices while on the go.
- Features a built-in smart, silent cooling fan that reduces noise and extends its life.
- A Great inverter for camping, office, emergency, journeys, and charging electronic devices.
- This inverter is safe to use since it is made of ABS fire resistance material.
- Features four replaceable fuses, so replacing the fuse in the future will not be a problem.
How Do You Use a Power Inverter While Camping?
There are various ways you can use power inverters while camping. First, you need to know the difference between DC and AC power. Batteries produce Dc power, while AC power is what comes from your house outlets.
It would help if you had a power inverter to convert DC power to AC power. This will allow you to use any electronic device from your car. Here are some of the ways you can use a power inverter while camping.
- You can use power inverters to convert solar power to electricity to power your devices.
- Most of the power inverters come with USB ports to help you charge on the road.
- The best models feature digital screens to help you see the amount of energy uses and battery voltage.
- You can use it for electric lights, radio, computers, hairdryers, coffeemakers, and much more.
- They are extra-quiet, so they will not wake you up while charging your phone at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are power inverters safe?
Do power inverters kill your battery?
Can you leave a power inverter on all the time?
How long do power inverters last?
Having a power inverter is great to help you enjoy a continuous supply of power when camping. We have given you a detailed comparison of the best power inverter for camping to suit your needs. We selected portable, durable, user-friendly, and high-performance power inverters.
From our top 5 list, we recommend the AIMS Power 5000 Watt Modified Sine Power Inverter. This is a useful, quiet, and safe power inverter that provides up to 5000 watts. Therefore, you are not limited to the number of appliances that you can use.