As the generator is a crucial tool for emergency situations, choosing the right one is severely important. However, there are a ton of considerations while selecting one and going for a reliable brand is your best bet. Powerhorse is by far the most promising brand when it comes to making dependable, high-tech, innovative generators.
Powerhorse has a big lineup for inverter, open-frame, and other types and models of generators. This powerhorse generator review is all about helping you choose the best among them. Our expert team has gone deep into every powerhouse generator and picked only the most promising models for you. Want to make the right decision during your next shopping for generator? Let’s explore together!
About This Brand:
The Powerhorse is a sub brand of Northern Tool which has its testing and manufacturing facility in Burnsville, Minnesota. It offers a wide range of powerful generators from anywhere between 2500 watts up to 13000 watts. You can get gas generators as well as conventional inverter ones from them for any kind of regular usage.
However, they don’t produce mobile generators and commercial standby ones. They design the generators in the US and build them in China, maintaining the highest quality standards. Besides, they use OHV engines in their generators with premium copper-wound heads to ensure durability and longevity.
Table of Content:
This table can guide you through the whole article in a short time. Also, you can read any specific section through the below hyperlink.
Compare our selected powerhorse generator in no time. Go through this comparison chart and find out the ideal option for you.
Best 2 Powerhorse Generator Reviews In 2021
Go through our Powerhorse generator review to know the best generators from this amazing US brand. We’ve picked two highly functional generators that can produce clean energy with less noise than any other inverter generator. Sounds interesting? Take a look!
1. Powerhorse Inverter Generator – 3500 Surge Watts, 3000 Rated Watts, Electric Start
The powerhorse LC3500i inverter generator is powerful and portable. It can power-up small houses, campsites, RVs, and has consistent output for tailgating. You’ll get a starting watt of 3500 and running watt of 3000 from this generator to fulfill all your needs.
Its power production and fuel-consumption of this generator is efficient with inverter technology. Besides, it produces clean energy with more limited than 2% total harmonic-distortion. Moreover, this technology is safe for any devices such as smartphones, computers, Tv, and other sensitive households. This generator can run continuously for 11 hours at 25% load without much fuel consumption.
You’ll get a four-stroke OHV engine with this generator which reduces total fuel consumption. Plus, it produces very little noise while operating with a full load. This generator’s variable speed control lets users adjust output according to their necessity. Also, its premium copper-wound heads can prevent overheating for added safety.
Powerhorse Inverter Generator Features:
- This inverter generator is parallel-ready to increase generator power by connecting with another.
- It has a consistent and low harmonic-distortion that makes it safer for any sensitive devices like phone or tv.
- The generator has an electric start and overload protection for a reliable and safe operation.
- You’ll get a low oil indicator that notifies you about the refueling time to prevent any engine problem.
- It also comes with a premium build quality along with CARB and EPA compliance ratings.
2. Powerhorse Open Frame Inverter Generator – 4500 Surge Watts, 3700 Rated Watts
Our second pick of this Powerhorse generator review is an open frame inverter generator that has a 224cc OHV engine. This engine has low fuel consumption technology to reduce your fuel expenses while ensuring engine safety. It can produce 4500 watts of starting watt and 3700 watts of running watt. At this level of power output, you’ll be able to run any kind of household appliance without any risk.
Moreover, the generator has a variable throttle setting with which you can control the power according to output. This adjustable feature reduces your fuel costs while powering up less electricity consuming devices. Besides, its engine produces less noise than any other high power regular generator. Hence, it won’t be a problem for your neighbors, fellow campers, or while tailgating.
It also has a low harmonic-distortion rate of less than 2% which helps it produce clean energy for sensitive devices. The recoil-start functions need less effort to start this generator in any weather condition. Furthermore, it can run for 14 hours straight at 25% load, making it the best inverter generator at this range.
Powerhorse Open Frame Features:
- This inverter generator has a 224cc OHV engine to produce a consistent power output.
- It has an automatic throttle adjustment to reduce fuel consumption while using it for less powerful devices.
- Plus, it offers an easy-voltage selector that keeps the generator safe even in adverse power conditions.
- It’s a versatile inverter generator and parallel-ready to increase the combined output when needed.
- You can use it for 14 hours with a single refuel at 25% load with less noise and harmonic distortion.
Why Choose This Brand?
The powerhorse generators are both efficient and powerful as they build it with OVH and inverter technology. Check the differences of inverter generator and regular generator if you don’t know already. Nonetheless, here are the key reasons why you should consider a powerhorse generator as you next power source:
- Powerhorse generators have inverter technology to deliver clean energy along with overheating safety. They’re safe for any sensitive devices such as Tv, laptops, smartphone, game consoles, etc.
- The powerhorse generators are CARB and CSA certified, compatible with any North American power delivery standards.
- Their generators are quiet and meet all the requirements of National Park Service guidelines.
- You’ll get premium build materials and engine safety to prevent any potential engine damage.
- Powerhorse offers low fuel consuming engines that you can run for 10 to 14 hours on a single refuel.
Wrapping It Up
A generator is a crucial investment to provide a flawless power supply in emergencies. Your entire house and device safety depend on the generator while a power interruption occurs. Therefore, we hope that you’ve selected the right generator from Powerhorse from the list above.
If you ask for an experts’ recommendation for the best overall, we’d suggest you go for the Powerhorse Open Frame Inverter Generator. Its OHV engine can produce 4700-watt peak and 3700-watt running power, enough for almost any household appliances. Besides, its inverter technology and automatic throttle adjustment can reduce your fuel consumption. You can run it for 14 hours with a single refuel at 25% load capacity as a dependable power source.