A power outage does not only cause inconvenience in the house or office but also can cause some downright dangers. A generator can be a savior here. It keeps your food safe, provides lights, keeps your room warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. Most importantly, it can be a great source of power in an emergency situation.
When it comes to generators, Westinghouse is a trusted name in the industry. They have a wide line of electric products and generators are the most popular among them. This article on Westinghouse generator reviews will help you compare with others and make the right decision. So, stick until the end to find the best Westinghouse generator for a backup power source.
About This Brand:
Westinghouse is kind of a synonym for power generation. It is an American company, established in 1886 by George Westinghouse. A brand with more than 130 years old surely has something extraordinary and quality products to sustain this long.
You will find almost all types of power generators in this company. They use the most advanced technologies all the time to manufacture top class generators and satisfy customer needs. Overall, they are the symbol of trust and reliability in the generator industry.
Table of Content:
Do you want to read a specific part of this review or interested in a particular model? If so, then check out the table of contents to find them all in one place:
- 5 Best Westinghouse Generator Reviews In 2021
- Are Westinghouse Generators Any Good?
- Why Choose This Brand?
- Final Word
We have compared some top-class Westinghouse generators in the chart below. Check it out so that you can compare and make the best decision to choose the right one.
Westinghouse WGen9500 Heavy Duty Portable Generator
Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Westinghouse iGen2500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator
5 Best Westinghouse Generator Reviews In 2021
Westinghouse has a wide collection of generators. Finding the right one among them is a daunting job and sometimes even impossible, especially for the newbies. So we have come up with the Westinghouse generator reviews that may help you get the exact one you are looking for.
1. Westinghouse WGen9500 Heavy Duty Portable Generator
Westinghouse WGen9500 Heavy Duty Portable Generator is an amazing machine that you can have for your backup power. It comes with a 4-Stroke OHV Engine that is smaller yet ensures higher efficiency. You can get 9500 Running Watts with a Peak Watts of 12500. That means you can run almost all types of appliances including an air conditioner, refrigerator, and others with this generator.
This portable propane generator can run on both propane and gasoline that offers maximum flexibility. With its steel 6.6-gallon fuel tank, you can get up to 12 hours of power supply easily. Besides, you have the Fuel Gauge to know the fuel status too. With its automatic low oil shutdown function, it will turn off the generator to prevent damages. Its remote start allows you to start the generator from up to 260 ft. away.
On top of that, you’ll have a regular recoil starter in case of an emergency. You will have multiple outlets for different devices and all the outlets have rubber covers to ensure additional safety. With its heavy-duty never-flat wheels along with the foam grip handle, moving and transporting the generator becomes easier than ever.
Westinghouse WGen9500 Features:
- The generator comes with a 4-Stroke OHV Engine that can generate 9500 Running Watts with a Peak Watts of 12500.
- It has a steel-made 6-gallon fuel tank that can support you with 12 hours continuous power supply.
- The generator is a dual fuel machine that offers you the flexibility to choose one at your convenience.
- You have a fuel gauge to tell you the fuel status where its automatic low oil shutdown prevents damaging the generator by turning it off in low fuel.
- It comes with multiple outlets and offers higher efficiency to run almost all types of appliances with ease.
2. Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator is another great addition to their product line. It comes with a 420cc Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine that powers up almost all of your home appliances easily. You can get 7500 rated watts in gasoline and 6750 rated watts in propane.
With its 6.6-gallon fuel tank, you will get a long term power supply as a backup. Also, you have a fuel gauge that shows you the fuel status. It will automatically turn your generator off when the fuel is low to prevent any damage to your generator. With its electric push-button start along with a remote key fob, you can start manually and remotely without any hassle.
As the name implies, it’s one of the best Westinghouse dual fuel generators that run on both gasoline and propane. Changing the fuel source is easier here with its simple switch. You can easily switch between two gases anytime you want. It features a long-lasting cast-iron sleeve along with a digital hour meter that delivers even more durability.
Westinghouse WGen7500DF Features:
- The generator features a 420cc Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine that produces less noise yet delivers up to 7500 watts power.
- You can run all types of home appliances for a decent amount of time with its 6.6-gallon fuel tank.
- It comes with a fuel gauge to show you the fuel status. Plus, it automatically shuts off the generator when the fuel is low.
- You can start the generator manually with its electric push button and remotely with its Remote key fob.
- It offers dual-fuel technology for maximum flexibility and a switch is there to change the fuel source with ease.
3. Westinghouse iGen2500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
If you need an emergency backup generator for your home, travel, or camping then you should consider choosing the Westinghouse iGen2500 Portable Inverter Generator. It is small yet comes with a 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine to produce up to 2500 Peak Watts to run appliances like refrigerators and furnaces.
You can even use it with other Westinghouse generators to get even more power.
The generator is engineered in such a way that it will automatically adjust the engine speed to generate the amount of power needed to run your appliances. You can save a lot of energy with these features. Unlike traditional generators, this one delivers a stable power of less than 3% THD which makes it perfect for sensitive appliances such as computers, TV, and others.
With its rotating digital display, you can check the fuel level, voltage, and power output, and left runtime easily for maximum convenience. It features a 1.0 Gal Fuel Tank that can deliver you up to 10 hours of Run Time. This generator makes only 52 dB noise and weighs only 48 lbs that make it suitable for home use and travel. An additional built-in suitcase-style handle is there to make it even more portable.
Westinghouse iGen2500 Features:
- The generator features a 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine that makes less noise yet generates 2500 Peak Watts.
- It offers parallel use so that you can use it with another Westinghouse generator to generate more power.
- You can save energy with its amazing design that adjusts the engine speed based on the power you need.
- It comes with a stable power of less than 3% THD so that you can run sensitive appliances without any tension.
- The 1.0 Gal Fuel Tank can deliver a run time up to 10 hours where its lightweight design makes it suitable for carrying.
4. Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
No Westinghouse generator reviews should be completed without reviewing the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Portable Inverter Generator. It can generate up to 2200 Peak Watts with its 79cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine. You will have a stable power with less than 3% THD so that you can run any sensitive appliances easily.
This Westinghouse Portable Inverter Generator creates a low noise of 52 dBA only that does not disturb others around. With its 1.3 Gallon Gas Tank, you can get up to 13 Hours of RunTime to run your appliances. It has the “Economy Mode” that ensures maximum efficiency. Also, you have an automatic low oil shutdown that prevents damaging your generator.
With its parallel capability, you can combine this generator with other Westinghouse generators to produce more power for more appliances. This one weighs only 43 Lbs that allows you to move it easily in any place at any time. Since there are multiple outlets, you can use multiple appliances directly.
Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Features:
- The generator offers a 79cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine to generate 2200 Peak Watts with less than 3% THD.
- Its motor is powerful yet produces only 52 dBA noise that does not bother others at your home.
- You will get up to 13 hours of Run Time with its 1.3 Gallon Gas Tank so that it can support properly in your outage time.
- It features an Economy Mode that enables higher efficiency where its automatic low oil shutdown saves your generator from damage.
- You can carry it with its 43 Lbs weight and can use it parallel with other Westinghouse generators for more power.
5. Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator
Up next is the Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator that comes with a powerful 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse 80 cc motor. You can get up to 2200 Peak Watts to run almost all types of appliances. With its stable power with Less Than 3% THD, it allows you to run sensitive appliances like computers, TV, and others without risks.
The generator has a clever engineering that adjusts the engine speed based on the power demand of your appliances. It ensures higher fuel efficiency to save even more money. With its recoil, starting the generator is easier than ever. Besides, it creates a noise level of only 52 dBa to run it without disturbing others.
You can get a run time of 12 hrs at 25% speed with its 1.2 Gal Fuel Tank. Since it is parallel Capable like the previous two, you can use it with other generators to create more power. You can even move it easily with its 46 Lbs. weight. It has additional two USB outlets along with two other outlets for maximum comfort to use as well.
Westinghouse iGen2200 Features:
- This generator comes with a 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse 80 cc motor to generate 2200 Peak Watts with Less Than 3% THD for higher stability.
- It has a 1.2 Gal Fuel Tank that delivers a run time of 12 hrs at 25% speed that is good enough to run common appliances.
- You can save more money with its amazing auto design that adjusts the generator speed it requires to supply your power demand.
- It creates a noise level of 52 dBA when running that does not disturb others during the power outage.
- Since you can use it parallel with other Westinghouse generators, it allows you to generate even more power.
Are Westinghouse Generators Any Good?
Yes, you can trust Westinghouse generators with their quality and advanced technology. Westinghouse is one of the top-rated brands in the world of generators that offer easy to use, easy to assemble, and most importantly, higher performance. You will get a smooth start with recoil, electric, and remote start. Also, it offers a powerful motor to generate higher power with less noise.
With its advanced design, you will have maximum fuel efficiency as well. Durability is another important factor for this company. When it comes to safety, this company does not sacrifice anything at all. Moreover, you will get a warranty with every generator you buy. Also, you will have lifetime technical support too. So overall, yes, Westinghouse generators are too good to use.
Why Choose This Brand?
Well, there are a lot of reasons for choosing this brand over others. Here are a few reasons for you to choose the Westinghouse Company.
- This brand offers the highest quality generators with lots of useful features that you might not find in other brands.
- You can save a lot of money by using less fuel since this brand comes with advanced technology to ensure more efficiency.
- Unlike many other brands, this brand offers more than hundreds of options to choose from that allows you to choose the best one.
- Almost all the generators are constructed with high-quality materials and safety that ensure maximum durability.
- You will have a long time warranty and lifetime technical customer support that will provide you peace of mind with this brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions? Well, here are some commonly asked ones where you may find yours:
Who builds Westinghouse generators?
Westinghouse generators are made in the Westinghouse Electric Corporation that has more than 130 years of manufacturing history with a great reputation.
Is Westinghouse an American company?
Yes, the Westinghouse is an American company that was founded by George Westinghouse in 1886. That means it has been in the market for more than 130 years long and offers quality generators.
Where are Westinghouse generators made?
The Westinghouse generators are made in the USA at the Westinghouse Electric Corporation. This corporation has experience of 130 years in the manufacturing industry which makes it one of the best companies in the power generation industry.
A good generator can save your back during a power outage, or in travel, or in camping. It will offer more power with higher efficiency. Also, it will not make much noise that disturbs others while running. A good brand like Westinghouse can offer you almost all these facilities in almost all of their generators. We have come up with some Westinghouse generator reviews to let you choose the perfect one.
However, if you are not sure yet to choose one, I will suggest you go for the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Portable Inverter Generator. It offers 2200 Peak Watts with 79cc Westinghouse Engine for stable power. Also, it creates a low noise of 52 dBA only and offers higher efficiency with Economy Mode.ou will have 13 hours of run time as well. So overall, this one can be a suitable Westinghouse generator for you.